Dear visitor, thanks for visiting my website. On this page, I hope to explain my reasoning behind the how and why behind donations.
I accept donations via the following paypal button:
Also please take a look at my Patreon HERE
And some FAQ about donations:
1. Why accept donations, this doesn’t seem like a charity case?
That’s right! Entomology, and studying Lepidoptera, is the main passion in my life. Despite that, it is and has always been a massive time and money sink for me. That includes the creation of content for other people to enjoy, such as this website, my YouTube channel, writing scientific articles and performing amateur level scientific research, my photo albums and more.
Websites cost money however, and maintaining this website isn’t free. Besides that, obtaining the resources and materials for scientific research and breeding does get difficult at times. Basically, I will use your contribution to pour out more content. Not only online content such as my blogs, videos, caresheets, social media, and the cost of running this website attribute to the many resources this hobby requires; performing my own research projects aswell has not come cheap. For example, I have analysed the defensive chemicals of several tropical butterfly larvae such as Eryphanis sp. that are yet undescribed to science. Things such as GC-MS analysis, or DNA analysis that determine the Eryphanis down to species level (Eryphanis lycomedon and automedon cannot be distinguished without a DNA test for example), does not come cheap, certainly not as amateur entomologist with no funding for my independent research.
That being said, this option is ONLY for the people who are WILLING and ABLE. I appreciate all my readers out there, and I am to offer you all my content and caresheets for free, and I understand not everybody is in a position to contribute. Your readership however is much appreciated. I wouldn’t be anywhere without the people watching my videos and reading my caresheets. Entomology has always been a collective effort.
2. How is my contribution money applied?
The funding from donations would support:
- Compensating for the costs of keeping this website up (WordPress cost) – and my many other websites too.
- Compensating for the cost of livestock (eggs, cocoons, pupae) and the required breeding materials (host plant, cages, containers)
- The development of my publications (on scientific and informal level)
- Compensating for the time and costs involved in giving readings, education on schools, courses in biology of Lepidoptera and more
- Publishing costs, cost of literature and anything related to scientific projects