Dear visitor, I, Bart Coppens, the owner of this website, would like to welcome to you to Breedingbutterflies.com. This website is focussed on breeding Lepidoptera (butterflies and moths) in captivity and is based on my personal experience and observations alone. I am an amateur entomologist from the Netherlands that mainly studies the faunistics, ecology and life cycles of various Lepidoptera. I have a lot of experience with breeding them in captivity – in peak years I have bred over 40 moth species in a single season. It is my goal to document and publish as much information about them as possible during my lifetime.
On this website you will find various links to caresheets that document the methods I have used to reproduce certain species in captivity; this enables my readers to do the same thing. It also contains some general advice and information about how to get started and what equipment to use, some of my personal opinions and notes and information about me as a person (it is my personal website), links to my other social media platforms and research and more.
Welcome to my website. Below you will find some help in orientation. Select below what you are looking for.
- Are you new to this website? Proceed to general information (click here!) to orient yourself on this website; here you will find all guides and information.
- Do you want to get started with this hobby? Then proceed to the breeding guides (click here!) to find all the basic information about breeding Lepidoptera.
- Are you looking for a particular species? Then proceed to the caresheets (click here! section.
- Want to learn more about me (Bart Coppens) and my work? Then proceed to FAQ + other media (click here!).
- Have a business related question? Then proceed to my professional website (click here!)
All the images, text and information on this website are mine, unless stated otherwise.
Me on YouTube: I also happen to have a YouTube associated with this hobby. See video: