Here are some species that I would love to breed most. Unfortunately most of them are very rare and will be unobtainable in the hobby, or are obtainable but hard or impossible to breed due to their host plants being unavailable or unrecorded. So it is quite the wish list of a snob. But you never know.
– Leucanella apollinairei
– Citheronia vogleri
– Chrysopsyche mirifica
– Polythysana sp. (any species)
– Lonomia obliqua or L. achelous
– Eudaemonia sp. (any species)
– Ornithoptera sp. (any species – yes there is a butterfly on the list!)
– Eochroa trimeni
– Caligula anna
– Eubergia sp. (any species)
– Ubaena sp. (any species)
– All the red/pink coloured Pseudodirphia and Cerodirphia species + Rhodirphia carminata
– Pseudautomeris (any species)
– The largest Automeris species (janus, postalbida, egeus, larra, metzli, curvilineata etc.)
– Coequosia triangularis
– Procitheronia (any species)
– Actias chapae, neidhoeferi, rhodopneuma, groenendaeli – rare and cool moon moths
– Gonometa sp. (all species)
– Axiopoena maura – one of the biggest and mysterious tiger moths
– Loepa obscuromarginata
– Archaeosamia watsoni
– Coscinocera hercules
– Citheronioides collaris
– Automerina sp. (species like A. auletes)
– Bunaeopsis sp.
– Thyas juno
– Otroeda sp
– Borearctia menetriesii
– Aurivillius sp.
– Loxolomia sp.
– Heliconisa pagenstecheri
Dear reader – thank you very much for visiting! Your readership is appreciated. Are you perhaps…..
- Not done browsing yet? Then click here to return to the homepage.
- Looking for a specific species? Then click here to see the full species list.
- Looking for general (breeding)guides and information? Then click here to see the general information.
- Interested in a certain family? Then click here to see all featured Lepidoptera families.
Was this information helpful to you? Then please consider contributing here (click!) to keep this information free and support the future of this website. This website is completely free to use, and crowdfunded. Contributions can be made via paypal, patreon, and several other ways.