Dear visitor, I, Bart Coppens, the owner of this website, would like to welcome to you to Breedingbutterflies.com. This website is focussed on breeding Lepidoptera (butterflies and moths) in captivity and is based on my personal experience and observations alone. I am an amateur entomologist from the Netherlands that mainly studies the faunistics, ecology and life cycles of various Lepidoptera. I have a lot of experience with breeding them in captivity – in peak years I have bred over 40 moth species in a single season. It is my goal to document and publish as much information about them as possible during my lifetime.
Contact me and read about my work HERE (Click)
Join the Discord server today: Click here!
On this website you will find various links to caresheets that document the methods I have used to reproduce certain species in captivity; this enables my readers to do the same thing. It also contains some general advice and information about how to get started and what equipment to use, some of my personal opinions and notes and information about me as a person (it is my personal website), links to my other social media platforms and research and more.
My current goal is to improve the quality of my old caresheets. When I was a young man, I took many pictures of moths on my hand, which looks quite ugly, and my English was worse than it is now. I hope to improve some of the low quality caresheets and make them more ‘mature’. My oldest caresheets are also very low effort. My new ones will be high quality.
Making websites is very easy with WordPress – consider doing the same! I can recommend WordPress for blogging/writing purposes. Interested? Click here!
Welcome to my website. Below you will find some help in orientation. Select below what you are looking for.
- Are you new to this website? Proceed to general information (click here!) to orient yourself on this website; here you will find all guides and information.
- Do you want to get started with this hobby? Then proceed to the breeding guides (click here!) to find all the basic information about breeding Lepidoptera.
- Are you looking for a particular species? Then proceed to the caresheets (click here!) section.
All the images, text and information on this website are mine, unless stated otherwise.
Me on YouTube: I also happen to have a YouTube associated with this hobby. See video:
Thank you for reading my article. This is the end of this page. Below you will find some useful links to help you navigate my website better or help you find more information that you need about moths and butterflies.
Dear reader – thank you very much for visiting! Your readership is much appreciated. Are you perhaps…. (see below)
- Not done browsing yet? Then click here to return to the homepage (HOMEPAGE)
- Looking for a specific species? Then click here to see the full species list (FULL SPECIES LIST)
- Looking for general (breeding)guides and information? Then click here to see the general information (GENERAL INFORMATION)
- Interested in a certain family? Then click here to see all featured Lepidoptera families (FAMILIES)
Citations: Coppens, B. (2019); Written by Bart Coppens; based on a real life breeding experience [for citations in literature and publications]
Was this information helpful to you? Then please consider contributing here (more information) to keep this information free and support the future of this website. This website is completely free to use, and crowdfunded. Contributions can be made via paypal, patreon, and several other ways.
All the funds I raise online will be invested in the website; in the form of new caresheets, but also rewriting and updating the old caresheets (some are scheduled to be rewritten), my educational websites, Youtube, breeding projects, the study of moths andconservation programs.